With over 12 years of professional marketing, advertising, public relations, and business development experience, I have gained and demonstrated strong marketing knowledge and hands- on experience. My professional work involves paid search marketing, SEO efforts, interactive marketing, communications, online & offline advertising, promotions, & media relations. My ability to adapt and initiate new campaigns, and programs are stemmed from my work experience in corporations, startups, and as a consultant.
My diverse background offers great range from driving online traffic to establishing brand awareness for companies and meeting ROI targets. My wish is to join a socially responsible company that is clear in its vision, owns integrity, and encourages employees to be better persons and leaders in society.
Core Marketing Skills:
A. Online Marketing Essentials:
- Search Engine Marketing & Paid Search: Spearheaded all search engine campaigns for premium and connect articles by driving paid search traffic thru Google & Yahoo search engines. Identified business goals to optimize clicks, PVPCs, conversions, & generate highest yield & profitability per article and per campaign. Lead, facilitated and managed a team of five in the production of 300 connect articles on health & wellness channels per month. Created, analyzed, and measured over 103 Adwords campaigns or 4,000+ premium and connect articles for paid search. Managed editorial, production, and Adwords campaigns on daily basis. Wrote effective adcopy, ad variations, targeted relevant keywords, and collaborated with third party service provider for data gathering and optimization. Tracked, strategized, & measured metrics & A/B testing for each campaign adgroup, and success rate. Evaluated traffic performance of campaigns and ROI targets/results. Analyzed daily traffic performance reports and ad hoc reports. Monitored daily paid search results and issued any remedies for low performing campaigns. Initiated Premium Conversion Plan to upgrade content of articles to higher performing status. Assigned taxonomy terms to articles that will optimized pageviews and generate SEO traffic.
- Market Analysis: Responsible for analyzing and quantifying article performance based on clicks, CTR, position rankings, keyword bidding/targeting & PVPC. Optimized all paid search metrics to gain greater user retention & overall ROI. Measured and tracked all A/B testing for paid search based on changes in adcopy, editorial content, targeted keywords, visual communications, competitive bidding, and title changes. Evaluated and implemented corrective measures for low performing articles & defined top performing articles. Created various paid search strategies and methodologies to maximize performance.
- Interactive Marketing: Identified, developed and executed Affiliate Programs, Referral Programs, freemium campaigns & other internet strategies to capture customer acquisitions and increase users. Tested and created various types of messaging, PPC campaigns, blogging, and designed community forums as a way to promote loyalty and advocacy for the brand. Developed strategic online tactics, ad placements, POS email campaigns, and private-labeled platforms. Tracked website metrics, trends, and payment transaction flows. Designed, tested, and tracked success of landing pages, shopping carts, web banners, trial periods, and other promotional campaigns.
B. Offline Marketing Essentials:
- Advertising and Promotions: Developed strategic messaging for online and print collateral; devised various types of promotions for existing and new customers. Responsible for all copywriting, editing and raising brand awareness. Conceived, developed, and implemented online trial campaigns, advertising campaigns, radio & cable promotions, direct mail, & eblast campaigns to generate conversions and sales. Spearheaded all media campaigns for print, radio, TV/Cable and online advertising and buys within the media budget. Negotiated price points on remote broadcasting, on-air radio spots, e-promotions, seasonal sweepstakes, Sunday brunches and giveaways
- Management: Managed and oversaw a marketing team of 3-6 staff comprised of graphic designers, editors, analysts, programmers, & marketing personnel. Mentored and developed leadership qualities to staff and collaborated on all marketing projects. Facilitated & managed all creatives, production, and final releases of product life cycle.
- Strategic Marketing: Defined and delivered all marketing goals and objectives of each program. Evaluated business opportunities & effectiveness of promotions, and quantified user experience and conversion rates. Devised comparative analysis, competitive feature matrices, metric and conversion reporting. Identified targeted audiences, distribution channels, & vertical markets to pursue. Developed corporate marketing plan, & core marketing collateral including press kits, brochures, pamphlets, website content; built clientele base, corporate image, product offering, pricing, distribution channels, & value-added services. Managed annual marketing budget.
- Business Development : Established strategic partnerships and revenue-sharing opportunities with industry leaders, affiliates, and value-added service providers. Identified and executed private-labeled opportunities and any rebranding of platform or offering.
- Public Relations: Developed and established media relations with all major press on the local, regional and national level. Acted as head liason for magazine/newspaper editors, writers, prestigious cable advertising companies and television shows: Adelphia Media, Tyra Banks, E Entertainment, Fox 6 News, etc. Wrote all press releases, media kits, articles, and implemented radio, TV & cable campaigns. Developed corporate video orientations & instructional demos for customers to illustrate product services.
Director of Paid Search Marketing, Lifescript, Inc., Mission Viejo, CA 2008-2009
Director of Marketing, DigitalPost Interactive Inc./The Family Post, Irvine, CA 2007-2008
Marketing Manager, Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa, Corona, CA, 2005-2006
Regional Marketing Manager, HMC Architects, Ontario/Irvine, CA, 2004- 2005
Managing Director, Market Insight: (Consulting)) 2002- 2004
Business Development Manager, ExaDigm Inc., Santa Ana, CA, 1999- 2002
Marketing/Sales Manager, New Zealand Bloom Ltd., Los Angeles, CA.1997-1999
Proposal Manager, STV Incorporated, Los Angeles, CA, 1996-1997
Marketing Manager, The Architects Collaborative, San Francisco, CA. 1993-1996
Education: University of San Francisco, 1993-B.A. English with writing emphasis;
University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) 1998-Marketing course work.
Languages: Fluent in Native Taiwanese.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Pagemaker 6.5, Photoshop 5.0, Microsoft Access, Site-core, Adwords Reporting.
Honors/Leadership: 4 year collegiate tennis scholarship, Most Valuable Player Award, Captain 90-93. Affiliations: Practitioner & Support Staff of non-profit Sukyo Mahikari.