Pleasantville, NY 10570
Seeking management position in marketing for a national or international company.
Eighteen years in interactive and direct marketing with core competencies in data strategy, revenue and program management, operations and analytics with a focus on customer retention and acquisition with competencies in data modeling, development and copywriting.
An energetic self-starter skilled in developing programs that connect businesses with customers, developing reports, models and marketing plans; adept in identifying new opportunities and building productive relationships with clients and co-workers.
Worldwide Goat, LLC, Pleasantville, NY
2004 to present
• Copywriting, business development and accounting
• Clients include American Museum of Natural History and Vitalicious.
• Project Alphabet: A web-based application providing early education templates to educators and families.
American Civil Liberties Union, New York, NY
November 2011 to April 2012
Senior Direct Mail Manager
• Manage fundraising for ACLU Foundations mid-level giving program.
• Plan and execute direct mail, email, SEM and telemarketing appeals.
• Consult with creative services agency and staff daily.
• Prepare budget Foundation mid-level fundraising program.
March of Dimes Foundation, White Plains, NY
October 2006 to October 2011
Manager, Internet Fundraising
• Responsible for $2MM+ revenue budget.
• Managed 2MM+ online constituents to strengthen revenues and loyalty.
• Financial and response analyses, via Omniture and Business Objects.
• Lead team responsible for national email marketing for 60 internal clients.
• Report on finances and key statistical data.
Reader’s Digest, Inc., Pleasantville, NY
Nov. 2002 to Oct. 2004
Senior Planning Manager
• Circulation planning for Reader’s Digest Large Type Edition, Selecciones, American Woodworker and The Family Handyman.
• Subscription modeling; revenue and expense forecasting.
• Analyzed P&L, cash flow, print orders, newsstand sales, lifetime value, budgets and ABC statements and audits.
Psychology Today [Sussex Publishers, Inc.], New York, NY
Aug. 2000 to Oct. 2002
• Served as chief marketing and fulfillment director for Psychology Today and Mother Earth News.
• Launched The Therapy Directory service – a profitable national pay-per-listing catalog for behavioral health professionals.
Dash.com, New York, NY
Dec. 1999 to July 2000
Senior Marketing Manager, Client Services
• Account Management: Managed daily client relationships; solicited partnerships, designed client reports for clients including Priceline.com, United Airlines, TD Waterhouse, USATODAY.com and WNYC.
Primedia Special Interest Publications, New York, NY
Dec. 1997 to Dec. 1999
Consumer Marketing Business Manager
• Modeled and budgeted 17 consumer magazines including: Horticulture, Shutterbug, Power & Motoryacht, SAIL, and ProFootball Weekly; including ABC and BPA audits.
• Managed portfolio of 17MM+ piece direct mail program; reduced cost per net subscription and improved overall profitability.
Wenner Media, New York, NY
Nov. 1995 to Dec. 1997
Asst. Subscriptions Manager
• Administered 8MM+ annual direct mail program for Rolling Stone, US, and Men’s Journal; New Business and Renewals sources.
News America New Media, New York, NY 1993 to 1994
• Managed interactive telephone and web based programs for News Corporation News America 900, internal clients included FOX TV, TV Guide, Cinebooks and Adelphi.
Co-creator of classic parody “The Crackers”, tribute to Cristo and Jean Claude’s “The Gates” (February 2005), which received 3MM+ website hits over 2 months.
University of Vermont, Burlington, VT - B.A. Economics, 1993
Business: Omniture, WebTrends, Google Reports, MS Office Suite, VBA, SQL, Business Object, Crystal Reports, PIDI, Blackbaud Enterprise, DreamMail, Britemoon, VBA, FileMakerPro
Website and Design: HTML, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver